We invite local musicians of our South Texas community to submit their original songs, band photos, album art, song lyrics, music videos, video interviews, and other digital content to be featured here on BiblioBoard!
We want to encourage a diverse range of submissions that celebrate our South Texas musical culture and history, including the awareness of Rio Grande City Public Library and the many services we offer.
The submission process for Rio Sound Stage is free and easy. You are welcome to submit as many digital contents as you’d like.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What file formats are accepted?
- Audio: MP3 format with a minimum audio quality of 128 kbps
- Image: Album cover art will need to be in JPEG format
- Video: mp4, Mpg, Avi, 3gp, Flv, DivX, WebM, Ogg
- No. There are no royalty payments for music uploaded to Rio Sound Stage. Our digital collection will instead, hopefully, promote your music and help you find a larger audience!
- Bands and musicians can certainly still get paid for their music and creativity on other platforms. Rio Sound Stage is an opportunity for bands and musicians to get additional exposure for their music.
- No. Bands and musicians who upload their music onto Rio Sound Stage will retain all the rights to their original music.
- Yes. Music can be removed if a band or musician requests removal. All music will stay up on Rio Sound Stage unless a request has been submitted to have the music removed. Musicians can contact our Collections & Acquisitions Library Clerk at email@example.com to have music removed.
- No. There should not be an issue. The content that is going up on Rio Sound Stage is not affiliated with ASCAP or BMI. There will be no issues or red flags that will arise from having your music on Rio Sound Stage and other platforms simultaneously.
- No. You will only be able to submit original works that you, or your band, retains the rights to.
- Music of any genre can be uploaded to Rio Sound Stage. We hope bands and musicians from all genres will upload their music so that we have a diverse and exciting collection. All genres are welcome: Tejano music, mariachi, Latin, country, rock, rap, hip-hop, jazz, classical, etc.